Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16 blue artifacts on black pixels

From time to time I am seeing blue artifacts around black text and other pixels, this is happening on the internal and the external display, putting into sleep and waking or just moving the interface around seems to clear it for a while.

Is there a setting that will sort this out?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 5:05 PM

6 replies

Feb 9, 2020 12:50 PM in response to TailsDog

Hi TailsDog, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

I see that you have an issue with blue color around fonts on your monitor. Restarting seems to fix the issue for a bit. I want to help. You can try a couple of resets. Neither will affect your data.  

You can reset the SMC. Here’s How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, let’s reset the NVRAM. Here’s how to Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

I hope that helps!

Best Wishes!

Feb 10, 2020 8:32 AM in response to TailsDog

Hi TailsDog, 

Thank you for reaching back out to Apple Support Communities. 

You can test to see if the issue happens inside safe mode. Here are a few quick notes about safe mode:

- Safe mode often looks and responds a bit different than what you're used to.

- Safe mode does not load everything that normally loads during a regular startup.

- Safe mode is a bit slower while loading and during normal operation as well.

- These differences can be cleared-up by a normal restart.

Here's how to boot into safe mode and Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Does the issue happen in safe mode? If not, restart again and try in typical mode. Just booting into safe mode in and of itself can resolve some issues. 

I hope that helps.

MacBook Pro 16 blue artifacts on black pixels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.