Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook Calendar & Contact sync. to iPhone broken with iOS 13 ?

For many years now I have been successfully sync-ing my Microsoft Outlook Calendar & Contacts to my various iPhones. I recently updated my iTunes to the latest version so as to be able to update my iPhone to iOS 13.x which I successfully executed. ...

But ...I now find that when i try to sync. my iphone to Outlook it does not work. Watching the progress bar at the top of the screen in iTunes it starts walkint thru the sync. steps and backs up the phone and syncs music and other items, but never attempts to sync. either the contacts or the calendar (even though they are both check-ed to be sync-ed under Settings --> Info (check marks for both Contacts and Calendar).

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

For reference, my setup is:

iPhone 6s now with iOS 13.3.1 (with lots of free memory)

Windows 10 64-bit

iTunes - from the Microsoft Store latest version - V12.10.4.2

Microsoft Outlook 2010 32-bit version installed with all security patches.

Thanks you VERY much for any help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 7:14 PM

OK ... in case it helps someone else ... this is apparently what I did to fix it.

I say "apparently" because I'm not going to go back and see if I can break it and re-fix it again,

so no A-B-A testing.

In pawing through my settings I noticed that my iPhone (Settings --> Calendar --> Sync) was set to

Sync "Events 3 months back".

iTunes (Device --> info --> Sync Calendars) was set to sync. 400 days back

I changed the setting in iTunes and dialed it down to 90 days from the original setting of 400 days.

I re-sync-ed and BOTH contacts and calendar appeared to sync. correctly.

Why this setting would obstruct the contacts from sync-ing is beyond me.

Ok ... I'm done ... where's my beer?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2020 7:14 PM in response to jimbob5941

OK ... in case it helps someone else ... this is apparently what I did to fix it.

I say "apparently" because I'm not going to go back and see if I can break it and re-fix it again,

so no A-B-A testing.

In pawing through my settings I noticed that my iPhone (Settings --> Calendar --> Sync) was set to

Sync "Events 3 months back".

iTunes (Device --> info --> Sync Calendars) was set to sync. 400 days back

I changed the setting in iTunes and dialed it down to 90 days from the original setting of 400 days.

I re-sync-ed and BOTH contacts and calendar appeared to sync. correctly.

Why this setting would obstruct the contacts from sync-ing is beyond me.

Ok ... I'm done ... where's my beer?

Outlook Calendar & Contact sync. to iPhone broken with iOS 13 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.