Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I make my iPhone 12 sync with the Outlook Calendar and Contacts of my choice via iTunes?

I have an iPhone12 Pro and I run Microsoft Outlook on my PC. I have several email accounts.  My default one is a POP/SMTP one, but I also have another POP/SMTP, two IMAP/SMTP accounts and one Microsoft Exchange account. My main Calendar and Contacts are “attached” to the POP/SMTP accounts.  However, when I synch my iPhone via iTunes, it always syncs my phone with the Calendar and Contacts attached to the Microsoft Exchange account.  When I go into iTunes/iPhone/info/Synch Calendars with/Selected Calendars it gives me no choice of calendar – just one box.  How can I make my iPhone sync with the POP/SMTP Calendar and Contacts, please?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 10:44 AM

4 replies

Dec 17, 2020 1:38 AM in response to skooldog

Time and operating systems move on and 20th century technology eventually will get left behind.

Syncing contacts and calendars via itunes (and presumably USB?) is something I have not ever needed to do. Everything is sync’d directly to the email providers over the air. itunes/finder for me is only for backing up and syncing photos.

I migrated all my calendars notes reminders and contacts to icloud.com as soon as I was comfortably immersed in the Apple ecosystem. In particular for the non-invasive and highly secure nature of their infrastructure.

Microsoft and the pseudo-IMAP Google accounts are fine alternatives

Any email accounts other than icloud.com for me are only for email.

How can I make my iPhone 12 sync with the Outlook Calendar and Contacts of my choice via iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.