Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Word Count" missing in Pages App since upgrading to Catalina 10.15.3

I currently use a Mac Book Pro Retina late 2013, and since upgrading to Catalina 10.15.3, I cannot find the "Word Count" in the Pages App. Can anyone assist me please with this, I'd be most grateful. Many Thanks Susan.

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 7:31 AM

Pages v8.2.1 : View menu : Show Word count (shift+command+W). A floating panel will appear at the center bottom of the open document, and by default will report character count. That floating panel will also have directional indicators on it. Click these and a secondary menu will appear where you can select words. This will remain set to word count for any new, or existing Pages documents that you open.

If you select a sentence, paragraph, or multiple paragraphs, the word count will adjust for the selection only, otherwise, it will be for the entire document.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 7:31 AM in response to Chucklede

Pages v8.2.1 : View menu : Show Word count (shift+command+W). A floating panel will appear at the center bottom of the open document, and by default will report character count. That floating panel will also have directional indicators on it. Click these and a secondary menu will appear where you can select words. This will remain set to word count for any new, or existing Pages documents that you open.

If you select a sentence, paragraph, or multiple paragraphs, the word count will adjust for the selection only, otherwise, it will be for the entire document.

Feb 10, 2020 3:21 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi Viking OSX, thank you for your reply, I finally found how to get word count, I needed to close the Pages App, and re-open it. What was throwing me also, was it was stating character count, not word count. I now realise, that you can change within the panel box, to show whichever heading is required. Many Thanks Again, most helpful indeed. :-)

"Word Count" missing in Pages App since upgrading to Catalina 10.15.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.