Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain iOS 13.3.1

My problem that I’m having is my iPhone battery drains supper fast with the new update and the emails just load very slow it was not doin this before and also when I charge my phone it charges very slow I’ve never had this problem before and my apps crash they take a long time to load and then they crash if anyone is having this problem I need help and they only way found that saves battery is letting it charge to fully and putting it on low battery mode

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 4:25 PM

Greetings Sdowell100,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're experiencing shorter than expected battery life with your iPhone since updating iOS. Additionally, you mentioned emails load slowly, charging takes longer than expected, and apps are slow and unexpectedly quitting.

I suggest viewing the battery health of your iPhone, and checking if performance management has been applied. You can see that information outlined in the following support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Additionally, check out the "How to maximize battery performance" section of the article for tips on improving the battery life, and checking to see if a particular app is using more than expected battery life.

To help with your iPhone charging slower than expected, test the behavior with a different power adapter and charging cable: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

For your emails loading slowly, does that happen with a particular account? If this is with an exchange account, check with your administrator for assistance. Otherwise, attempt to remove and re-add the account, as outlined in the following article: If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For your apps running slowly and quitting unexpectedly, is that happening with all apps, or just specific apps? Have you tried to delete and reinstall the affected apps? If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2020 4:25 PM in response to Sdowell100

Greetings Sdowell100,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're experiencing shorter than expected battery life with your iPhone since updating iOS. Additionally, you mentioned emails load slowly, charging takes longer than expected, and apps are slow and unexpectedly quitting.

I suggest viewing the battery health of your iPhone, and checking if performance management has been applied. You can see that information outlined in the following support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Additionally, check out the "How to maximize battery performance" section of the article for tips on improving the battery life, and checking to see if a particular app is using more than expected battery life.

To help with your iPhone charging slower than expected, test the behavior with a different power adapter and charging cable: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

For your emails loading slowly, does that happen with a particular account? If this is with an exchange account, check with your administrator for assistance. Otherwise, attempt to remove and re-add the account, as outlined in the following article: If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For your apps running slowly and quitting unexpectedly, is that happening with all apps, or just specific apps? Have you tried to delete and reinstall the affected apps? If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Cheers.

Feb 10, 2020 5:09 PM in response to brenden dv

Yes I’ve viewed the battery health it’s fine my phone charges slowly and battery drains fast and email loads slow the battery drain got worser since I’ve updated to 13.3.1 and emails just started doing this too it was not a problem till I updated iOS 13.3.1 that’s when the problems started I’ve been seeing a lot of people saying they been having the same problem

Battery drain iOS 13.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.