Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tags Greyed Out - Files/Folders

Hello.

I'm new to Mac having switched from Windows a week ago. I'm trying to add tags to files and folders, but the option is greyed out? I've Googled for over an hour without result.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 8:34 PM

Ok, I figured it out. I probably should have been a little more descriptive in my original post.

I was trying to tag files on an external drive. Having just switched from Windows the drives were formatted with Windows NTFS. Re-formatting the drives as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) solved the issue and allows me to tag files and folders.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2020 8:34 PM in response to BDAqua

Ok, I figured it out. I probably should have been a little more descriptive in my original post.

I was trying to tag files on an external drive. Having just switched from Windows the drives were formatted with Windows NTFS. Re-formatting the drives as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) solved the issue and allows me to tag files and folders.

Tags Greyed Out - Files/Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.