Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Preference options that won't allow "AcrobatUpd10116.pkg" to open & update AcrobatXPro

AcrobatXPro (in Adobe CS-6) needs updating with "AcrobatUpd10116.pkg" in order to work on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6, but Security Preferences allowing any installs besides those from the Apple store or Apple approved can't be changed to allow "AcrobatUpd10116.pkg" to open and install the necessary update. I've tried several times to open several copies of the Acrobat updater, but each time I got a warning that it could not be opened, and subsequent to this, I found that the attempt to open it reduced the Acrobat updater to 0 kb. On on the initial attempt to open the Acrobat updater, I received a warning asking if I wanted to open it despite the Security Preference, to which I responded that I did want to do, but only a Mac Error message resulted. - Is there a way to that I can open the "AcrobatUpd10116.pkg" so that I can successfully update AcrobatXPro on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 ?

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 10:47 PM

Dear BDAqua, Your suggestion did the trick. I can't thank you enough. With great appreciation, Gary

Similar questions

5 replies

Security Preference options that won't allow "AcrobatUpd10116.pkg" to open & update AcrobatXPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.