Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group Chat Messaging

I am currently having difficulties receiving group chat messages. I was added to a group chat with people I didn't have as contacts and whenever a message was sent to the group chat, I would receive the message as a conversation just between the sender and I. I didn't have this problem on my previous Apple device. How do I fix this problem?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 6:14 PM

When you go to settings>messages>do you have MMS messaging and Group messages turned on? Are you with the same carrier you were? Is the person who added you using iPhone or Android? Is the group ONLY iPhone devices? if it was only iPhone they can add you to a group if not then you cannot be added to a group.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 6:14 PM in response to tara--

When you go to settings>messages>do you have MMS messaging and Group messages turned on? Are you with the same carrier you were? Is the person who added you using iPhone or Android? Is the group ONLY iPhone devices? if it was only iPhone they can add you to a group if not then you cannot be added to a group.

Group Chat Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.