Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to receive messages from new group chat.

Why am I not able to receive any messages when added to a new group chat? The group has one Andriod and the rest are apple users. When I asked one of the members to call my number from the group chat, it wouldn't go through. This has happened to me multiple times and it is getting very frustrating. I checked if my SMS and group chat settings were on and they were. I can receive messages from all other group chats and contacts just fine. Please help

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 1:02 PM

anchsu1015 wrote:

Why am I not able to receive any messages when added to a new group chat? The group has one Andriod and the rest are apple users. When I asked one of the members to call my number from the group chat, it wouldn't go through. This has happened to me multiple times and it is getting very frustrating. I checked if my SMS and group chat settings were on and they were. I can receive messages from all other group chats and contacts just fine. Please help

You will need to contact your cellular data provider, MMS is their feature and your line needs to be provisioned to use it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 1:02 PM in response to anchsu1015

anchsu1015 wrote:

You will need to contact your cellular data provider, MMS is their feature and your line needs to be provisioned to use it.

Not able to receive messages from new group chat.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.