Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders in Photos are not syncing to my iPhone through iCloud

I use iCloud to sync my photos between my Mac and iPhone. The photos sync fine, but the folders I use to organize the photos do not.

My organization was a mess, and so I recently re-organized all the photos into folders on my Mac. But I want this new organization to sync across to my iPhone, but I have waited a week and the new folder organization structure is not showing up.

Is there a setting I can tweak or something I can do to get my iPhone to match what is on my Mac?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 6:39 AM

The iCloud Photo Library will not "respect" your Mac's folder structure.

It will house all of your photos in one folder essentially called all photos. Then within the Photos app(s), you organize your photos into albums.

If you use iTunes to sync your photos, not iCloud, your photos app will recognize and use your Mac's folders. However, you will lose the convenience of real time syncing that iCloud Photo Library offers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 6:39 AM in response to wendylm

The iCloud Photo Library will not "respect" your Mac's folder structure.

It will house all of your photos in one folder essentially called all photos. Then within the Photos app(s), you organize your photos into albums.

If you use iTunes to sync your photos, not iCloud, your photos app will recognize and use your Mac's folders. However, you will lose the convenience of real time syncing that iCloud Photo Library offers.

Folders in Photos are not syncing to my iPhone through iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.