Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Server App - An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made

Proposed answer: Launch "Keychain access", select system/keys and delete the localhost keys. Hurray!

Q: There is no 'localhost keys'. Can someone explain how these keys can be identified,?

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 6:34 AM

I don’t know what actual problem you are referring to or where this “proposed answer” came from. But it sounds horribly, horribly wrong.

I suggest you start from scratch. Post a new question describing the problem you are having. If you tried any internet suggestions, please explain exactly what you did in absolutely precise terms. Most likely, it will not be possible to address the orignal problem without first undoing whatever the internet suggested.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 6:34 AM in response to Gerhard7005

I don’t know what actual problem you are referring to or where this “proposed answer” came from. But it sounds horribly, horribly wrong.

I suggest you start from scratch. Post a new question describing the problem you are having. If you tried any internet suggestions, please explain exactly what you did in absolutely precise terms. Most likely, it will not be possible to address the orignal problem without first undoing whatever the internet suggested.

Feb 9, 2020 9:31 AM in response to etresoft

The problem is as explained in the header: After installing macOS Catalina, there was an error message: OS X Server App - An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.

The proposed answer comes from https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4584286 .

I fixed the problem in another way. Problem is resolved. Thanks for your reply.

Feb 9, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Gerhard7005

Gerhard7005 wrote:

The problem is as explained in the header: After installing macOS Catalina, there was an error message: OS X Server App - An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.

The proposed answer comes from https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4584286 .

I fixed the problem in another way. Problem is resolved. Thanks for your reply.

That’s a seven year old thread and discussing what is a wildly different Server.app product.

SSL errors are usually due to a bad local time, a missing or untrusted root cert in the local trust store (in Keychain), a DNS error, or a problem with the web server and its certificate store.

OS X Server App - An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.