Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS: Add bookmark to other folder than Favorites

Hi,

I am somehow unable to add bookmarks on my iPhone (11Pro, iOS 13) to any folder outside of Favorites. When I press Share > Add Bookmark in Safari, the dialog only offers me Favorites in the Location list, even though I do have other folders and bookmarks on the same level as Favorites. When I add a bookmark this way, it always ends up in Favorites. I have bookmarks from over 10 years of iOS usage, not sure if this has become corrupted at some point. I am sharing my bookmarks through iCloud with an iPad, same thing there. I also shared my bookmarks onto a Macbook, and it also forces me to add new bookmarks into Favorites, but at least I can move the bookmark there onto the root folder next to Favorites. I haven't found a way in iOS to move bookmarks out of Favorites.

Do you have any suggestions for this, can you normally create bookmarks outside of Favorites?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 10:54 AM

If you tap on Favorites, does it not show a list of additional folders, and also provide you with the option to add another Folder? See the attached screen shot. It showed Bookmarks, and when I tapped on that, it displayed what I've shown.

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 9, 2020 3:28 PM in response to yougoyugo2

It is possible. I don't use that many folders on the iPhone, as I don't do that much surfing on the phone. If you open Safari, and before attempting to do any more saving of bookmarks, on the bottom of the page, next to the Share icon, you should see what appears to be an open book. If you tap on that, it should show you Bookmarks on the upper left and take you back to the main Bookmarks folder. Does that work?

Feb 10, 2020 8:36 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you for all the help, I finally figured it out: Because I already had so many subfolders under Favorites, the Bookmarks folder was just one of them and didn't stand out. I was also confused by the fact that you have to click and "open" Favorites to see Bookmarks, which is not a child of Favorites. I cleaned out all the junk from Favorites, and Bookmarks is more obvious now.

iOS: Add bookmark to other folder than Favorites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.