Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac 10.15.3 - apps/others reopening on startup

I've had a recurring issue where windows/apps which were previously closed, reopen on startup. 'Reopen on startup...' is unchecked. System Preferences ---> Users ---> Login Items, are cleared, nonetheless, items keep reopening.

Anyone else having or had this issue and has found a fix? Thank you!

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 12:38 PM

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I actually found that the answer was in System Preferences ---> General ---> Close Windows When Quitting An App. Voilà!

I tried finding my OP to update to no avail. Hope this helps someone else.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 12, 2020 9:09 AM in response to SweetLady

Greetings, SweetLady. 

It sounds like apps are re-opening, even though you do not have the option selected. I can see how that would be annoying, so I’d like to offer my support. 

First, please test to see if the issue occurs in another user. This will let you know if the issue is system wide or user specific. How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

If the issue doesn’t persist in another user, then test out safe mode in your user. Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

I hope this helps. 

Best wishes. 

Mac 10.15.3 - apps/others reopening on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.