Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps keep re-opening

Quite frequently when I log in I have a purpose and don't need to waste time on extraneous windows. I DO NOT select the option to re-open apps on startup when I 'm shutting down, yet apps including folders, Safari, etc.. open after I log in. I'll log in and start doing what I need to do but then I keep getting popup windows of crapplications interrupting me. I wouldn't expect folders in the MacOS to re-open automatically unless I've selected the option on shutdown to re-open all. I've tried step 1 of troubleshooting, calling it names, but that didn't work. I WAS going to try step 2, rebooting, and kick it with the other foot but I'm not wearing hard shoes right now and I don't want to mess up my toes. Any suggestions would be helpful. I've been using Macs for many years, never had this issue before. NOTE: I have gone into users/groups and checked, I don't have anything set to startup post-login.

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 2:32 PM

Hi unxrules, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you have apps that reopen when you log in.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Have you had the chance to try the steps in the article below?

Prevent apps and windows from reopening

If yes, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account. 

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you are experiencing the issue when signed in on a different user account, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 2:32 PM in response to unxrules

Hi unxrules, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you have apps that reopen when you log in.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Have you had the chance to try the steps in the article below?

Prevent apps and windows from reopening

If yes, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account. 

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you are experiencing the issue when signed in on a different user account, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

Apps keep re-opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.