Some apps won't reopen unless I restart my MBP 14"

A few months back I got a 14" M1 MBP and I installed everything on it from scratch. I have this issue where some apps will not reopen once they are closed unless I restart my Mac. I get this message that the app has unexpectedly quit, if I click reopen, the message just keeps appearing and asking me to send reports to Apple The only way to get them to open is to restart my computer. Anybody else have this issue or know why it might be happening? Here are the apps that Im having issue with

Teams

Brave

Rekordbox

PDF Reader

Splice

Loopcloud

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 12:13 PM

rdchris814 wrote:

A few months back I got a 14" M1 MBP and I installed everything on it from scratch. I have this issue where some apps will not reopen once they are closed unless I restart my Mac. I get this message that the app has unexpectedly quit, if I click reopen, the message just keeps appearing and asking me to send reports to Apple The only way to get them to open is to restart my computer. Anybody else have this issue or know why it might be happening? Here are the apps that Im having issue with

Teams
Brave
Rekordbox
PDF Reader
Splice
Loopcloud

All third party apps seems curious...

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 12:13 PM in response to rdchris814

rdchris814 wrote:

Teams
Brave
Rekordbox
PDF Reader
Splice
Loopcloud

All third party apps seems curious...

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Some apps won't reopen unless I restart my MBP 14"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.