Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro won’t connect to wifi

My MacBook won’t connect to WiFi. I tried restarting the router, going to a cafe with WiFi, and connecting to my phone’s hotspot, and none worked. I also restarted it and made sure it was updated. Pages won’t load on safari, and I can’t get any mail because it doesn’t connect. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 2:01 PM

Set it up again from scratch. Only this time create a new Named "Network Location" (do NOT take the default) and give it a meaningful mnemonic name. This article explains what these Locations are all about:

How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support

When you need to connect somewhere else, set it up again with a different name, do not just make changes to the one that is working at home.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 2:01 PM in response to gaylamarlo

Set it up again from scratch. Only this time create a new Named "Network Location" (do NOT take the default) and give it a meaningful mnemonic name. This article explains what these Locations are all about:

How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support

When you need to connect somewhere else, set it up again with a different name, do not just make changes to the one that is working at home.

My MacBook Pro won’t connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.