Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring audiobooks to iPhone

I have just updated to a new iMac running Music (instead of iTunes) and Books. Previously I had hundreds of e-audiobooks in my iTunes library and transferred them to my iPhone via iTunes when required. Now I cannot see any way to do the same. I do not want to use the Apple Store as they do not have the titles I want.

Ideas please!

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 9:39 PM

Hi HollowFrog,

It appears, from your post, that you bought a new iMac and it is running macOS Catalina. You are right that it does not have iTunes and it has been replaced with the Music app. All is definitely not lost with this change.

You can now sync your iPhone and transfer your audiobooks just like you did when you were using iTunes. The app to use now with the new MacOS is FINDER. Connect your iPhone to your iMac and open Finder. You should see your iPhone right under locations as shown in the image below.

More information on how to use Finder to sync your iPhone in macOS Catalna here-->>Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 9:39 PM in response to HollowFrog

Hi HollowFrog,

It appears, from your post, that you bought a new iMac and it is running macOS Catalina. You are right that it does not have iTunes and it has been replaced with the Music app. All is definitely not lost with this change.

You can now sync your iPhone and transfer your audiobooks just like you did when you were using iTunes. The app to use now with the new MacOS is FINDER. Connect your iPhone to your iMac and open Finder. You should see your iPhone right under locations as shown in the image below.

More information on how to use Finder to sync your iPhone in macOS Catalna here-->>Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Axel F.

Transferring audiobooks to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.