Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Macbook Pro

I am unable to log into my iTunes account on Macbook. It is working fine on my iPhone and Windows PC. OS is updated. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 7:51 PM

Hi themook7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble logging in with your Apple ID in iTunes on your Mac, but you're able to use other devices with your Apple ID without issue. I know how important it is to be able to sign in to iTunes; I'd like to help. First, if you haven't already, I'd suggest quitting iTunes and restarting your Mac:

If you continue to have trouble, or you've already tried these steps, I'd also suggest verifying that the date and time are correct in System Preferences > Date & Time.

I'd also suggest trying to sign out of iTunes completely, then try signing in again:

• In iTunes select Account > Sign Out, then select Account > Sign In.

Should you continue to have trouble, please provide the following details:

What happens when you try to sign in? If you see an error message, what does it say?

Have you recently changed your Apple ID or password?

Are you able to sign in to and use the App Store on your Mac?

Best Regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2020 7:51 PM in response to themook7

Hi themook7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble logging in with your Apple ID in iTunes on your Mac, but you're able to use other devices with your Apple ID without issue. I know how important it is to be able to sign in to iTunes; I'd like to help. First, if you haven't already, I'd suggest quitting iTunes and restarting your Mac:

If you continue to have trouble, or you've already tried these steps, I'd also suggest verifying that the date and time are correct in System Preferences > Date & Time.

I'd also suggest trying to sign out of iTunes completely, then try signing in again:

• In iTunes select Account > Sign Out, then select Account > Sign In.

Should you continue to have trouble, please provide the following details:

What happens when you try to sign in? If you see an error message, what does it say?

Best Regards.

Feb 14, 2020 4:02 PM in response to themook7

Hey Marc,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details. Next, use these steps to start your Mac in safe mode and try signing in again: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If you're able to sign in successfully, restart your Mac normally and verify you're still signed in and can use the iTunes Store.

If the issue persists, I'd recommend using these steps to test for the behavior in a new user account on your Mac: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know what you find.

Take Care.

Feb 14, 2020 11:22 AM in response to CarlAVII

Have done all of the above and still not working.

It doesn't say anything. Just shows that I'm not signed in. I've also tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing my account on the Macbook.

No. It's still working on my phone, Windows PC.

Yes. I was able to sign in and download an app.

Thanks,

Marc

iTunes on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.