Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi disconnects when locked

I am having an issue with my iPhone 11. I have noticed that when locked for a certain amount of time when I tap on the screen to wake it up I see the WiFi had disconnected . It does however reconnect when I start using the phone. This hasn’t only happened on my home WiFi. I noticed it on a public WiFi as well. I have other apple devices and it’s not happening with them . My phone will be connected to WiFi when I place it down . When I wake it up I see the WiFi for a second then it switches to lte and then after a few seconds it shows WiFi again . I have read that WiFi will disconnect when the phone is asleep to save battery . I understand that but should I actually be able to see this WiFi lte WiFi back and forth when waking up the phone ? It doesn’t happen on my iPhone 7. I have tried resetting network settings and I even have erased the phone and set it up as a new phone without back up. Both things seem to resolve the issue but only for a day or so . Then it randomly starts to do it again. I have only had the phone for a few weeks . I am not sure if this is a software issue ( 13.3.1) or hardware issue . I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if they have managed to find anything that actually works to stop this ?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 12:46 PM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2020 12:57 PM in response to deggie

I understand that WiFi will disconnect when in sleep mode but is is normal for me to actually see it go from WiFi to lte back to WiFi after I tap the phone to use it ? Actually seeing This happen never occurred on my other devices .

Since it never happened on my other iPhones or at least I could never see it happening I wasn’t sure if something was wrong with my new phone . The strange this is I can get it to stop doing this for a day or so by resetting the networks or by restarting the phone .

Wifi disconnects when locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.