Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi disconnects if the phone is idle or locked or asleep for a while

Specs: Iphone 14 pro: working with ios 16.3

Wifi disconnects if the phone is idle or locked for couple of minutes. It will work again if i turn it off and on again. It is strange that mobile data works well even if the phone idle or locked. It’s definitely not the issue with wifi router because my ipad, MacBook, and rest all works fine even while they are locked and unlocked. I don’t find any valuable information on this. Will be helpful if someone comes with a solution. All the reset options from network reset to complete phone reset was performed already.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 10:32 AM

Thank you for your reply. Plug my phone in to a power source!!!!!. Don’t you think this might damage the life of the battery even though it has powerful lithium-ion batteries. I think this may be the bug issue with ios.

8 replies

Feb 13, 2023 9:44 AM in response to T_Narasimhulu

T_Narasimhulu wrote:

Specs: Iphone 14 pro: working with ios 16.3
Wifi disconnects if the phone is idle or locked for couple of minutes. It will work again if i turn it off and on again. It is strange that mobile data works well even if the phone idle or locked. It’s definitely not the issue with wifi router because my ipad, MacBook, and rest all works fine even while they are locked and unlocked. I don’t find any valuable information on this. Will be helpful if someone comes with a solution. All the reset options from network reset to complete phone reset was performed already.

That is an expected behavior. Only way to stay connected to wifi when the phone is idle or lock is to plug your phone into a power source. There is nothing wrong with your phone or wifi.

Wifi disconnects if the phone is idle or locked or asleep for a while

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.