You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera motion blur

It seems that since upgrading to iOS 13, photos are often blurry if I don't hold the phone still for at least a few seconds both before and after the shot. I sometimes take photos that seem fine when I view the shot being taken from the screen only to find out later that a photo has significant motion blur. This extremely poor motion handling was definitely not an issue in prior versions of iOS. I have submitted feedback to Apple and meanwhile seek workarounds or settings tweaks to circumvent this issue.

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 2:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 10:13 AM

Based on Google searches many people have encountered this issue after a major iOS update, as seems to be the case with me after I updated to iOS 13, so I'm not sure it's a hardware issue. In any case, if there are no immediate resolutions to any of the accumulating hardware/software issues I might as well get a new phone from a more competent company. This Apple's rather rotten…

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2020 10:13 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Based on Google searches many people have encountered this issue after a major iOS update, as seems to be the case with me after I updated to iOS 13, so I'm not sure it's a hardware issue. In any case, if there are no immediate resolutions to any of the accumulating hardware/software issues I might as well get a new phone from a more competent company. This Apple's rather rotten…

Feb 12, 2020 12:29 PM in response to Connor Hawke

I'm sorry you are experiencing a problem, but troubleshooting is the only thing you can do as a user. If you do not wish to contact Apple Support, that is your decision. I've never read anything about users experiencing this problem after a major IOS update. I've never seen it. The only issue that I have read about I asked you about and that was something with Snapchat and other 3rd part camera apps. If you don't have the hardware checked, there is no way for you to be sure of what the issue is, since hardware is a possibility and not troubleshooting that to verify or eliminate that makes it to where you cannot be certain of the cause.

Camera motion blur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.