Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone camera has a motion blur on it whenever I try to take a photo or video. Making the use of it unfocused and unusable for photos, getting scan codes, etc.

My iPhone 7 camera has a motion blur on it whenever I try to take a photo or video. Making the use of it unfocused and unusable for photos, getting scan codes, etc. This just started happening yesterday. Please help!

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 6:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 6:14 AM

Hi there,

Try the following steps to see if you can fix this yourself

From this apple support article: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

1. Remove any case, accessory, or film that might block the camera or flash or that places a magnet near the camera.
  2. Test the camera by trying to take a photo.
  3. Test the LED flash:
    1. Try the flashlight in Control Center on your iPhone or Control Center on your iPad. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
    2. Tap the Flashlight button 

If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button to choose a different setting.

After this, try this

1. If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, damage to your iPhone near the camera, or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.
  2. If you see motion blur in low-light situations and you use a lens converter, metallic case, or a magnetic lens mount, try removing the accessory.
  3. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  4. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  5. Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both aren't working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button 

If the camera or flash still isn't working properly, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2023 6:14 AM in response to mindunit13

Hi there,

Try the following steps to see if you can fix this yourself

From this apple support article: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

1. Remove any case, accessory, or film that might block the camera or flash or that places a magnet near the camera.
  2. Test the camera by trying to take a photo.
  3. Test the LED flash:
    1. Try the flashlight in Control Center on your iPhone or Control Center on your iPad. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
    2. Tap the Flashlight button 

If the flash works only sometimes, open the Camera app and tap the flash button to choose a different setting.

After this, try this

1. If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, damage to your iPhone near the camera, or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.
  2. If you see motion blur in low-light situations and you use a lens converter, metallic case, or a magnetic lens mount, try removing the accessory.
  3. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  4. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  5. Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both aren't working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button 

If the camera or flash still isn't working properly, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.

My phone camera has a motion blur on it whenever I try to take a photo or video. Making the use of it unfocused and unusable for photos, getting scan codes, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.