You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off Find My iPhone

My iPhone 8 was damaged so need to send it off for repair, however, I need to turn off Find my iPhone first. I am not able to turn off this function on the phone due to the damages and I don't want to erase the entire phone via icloud.

I have taken the sim card from my iPhone 8 and put it in a loaner iPhone 6.

I have gone to Settings / My name (Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store) and scrolled to the bottom of the screen and BOTH the iPhone 6 and 8 are listed.

The damaged iPhone 8 is listed there and it says "Find my iPhone" is ON, however, I don't seem to have the option to turn off the Find My iPhone feature for the iPhone 8 here.

Any suggestions how I can turn off Find My iPhone remotely on my loaner iPhone 6 or some other way?

Thank you.

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 8:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 9:39 PM

If you want to turn off Find My Phone, it sounds like you can remove a device from Find My Phone by using iCloud.com.

Check out this document: https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/remove-a-device-mmfc0eeddd/icloud

Look for the section called "Remove a device you no longer have"

1 reply

Turning off Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.