Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting an Old iPhone

Hello! I had an iPhone 7 and got a new iPhone 11, signed into my Apple ID and was able to get all the data transferred over. My mom wants my old iPhone 7, but the 7 still has all my apps and iCloud data on it. If I "Erase All Content and Settings" so that my mom can use the phone, will it erase all my iCloud stuff? Or will it be okay since its all on my iPhone 11 now. What is the easiest way for my mom's phone data to transfer over to my old iPhone 7.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 10:02 PM

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support outlines the steps you should take with your iPhone 7. That procedure will not erase any of your iCloud data.

Your mom can then use: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support to transfer her current iPhone data to the iPhone 7.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2020 10:02 PM in response to sheena_3

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support outlines the steps you should take with your iPhone 7. That procedure will not erase any of your iCloud data.

Your mom can then use: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support to transfer her current iPhone data to the iPhone 7.

Resetting an Old iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.