Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch battery lasting around 10 hours – is this normal?

I have an Apple Watch Series 5 (cellular) which is about two months old. Since going back to work I’ve noticed that the battery is not always remaining charged for a full day as it was when I was on holiday - The past couple of days it has lasted about nine or 10 hours. When I am at work I am not always able to have my phone with me and so it is not always connected to my phone and it uses my data instead. I’m just wondering if this is the reason the battery seems to be draining faster?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 12:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 1:49 PM

Hello louizemoore,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you have a concern about your battery life on your Apple Watch Series 5, and I'll be glad to help.

There are a few possible causes for a shorter battery life on your Apple Watch, so I recommend checking out this resource as your starting point. It covers a few settings adjustments that might, how you can check your battery usage, and a few other helpful steps: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

If you find that doesn't help, use this to Contact Apple Support next.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2020 1:49 PM in response to louizemoore

Hello louizemoore,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you have a concern about your battery life on your Apple Watch Series 5, and I'll be glad to help.

There are a few possible causes for a shorter battery life on your Apple Watch, so I recommend checking out this resource as your starting point. It covers a few settings adjustments that might, how you can check your battery usage, and a few other helpful steps: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

If you find that doesn't help, use this to Contact Apple Support next.

Take care.

Feb 16, 2020 10:53 PM in response to louizemoore

If you also own a Mac, there seems to be a bug in connection with iCloud surrounding the ‘TrustedPeersHelper’ process. Check once your activity monitor on your Mac and see if there’s such a process popping up. Also check your watch’s diagnostic logs (Watch App). If yes, I have a solution over at:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251111200

Apple Watch battery lasting around 10 hours – is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.