Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can download particular application on Macbook but not Imac

I am trying to download an application on to my home computers, It is software that my company has created and is not Apple Authorised program at the moment, that is pending.

On my 2015 Macbook Mojave it is no issue, downloads Application and .zip, I can create an exception and voila, it downloads.

On my 2012 iMac Catalina, it downloads just the straight up App, no .zip appears anywhere and when I click on the App it just gives me ' Application (name of software) Can not be opened'

Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 7:43 AM

Go to SystemPreferences, Security and Privacy and unlock the padlock. See if you get the opportunity to give permission to install. If not, right-click on the app in application folder an left-click on Open

5 replies

Feb 11, 2020 9:33 AM in response to Sarahjaybee

Okay, please do the following:

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this message. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly include the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

Can download particular application on Macbook but not Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.