Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

edit video clips in Photos or linked from Photos

When I play slideshow within Photos consisting of photos and video clips (from my Garmin GPS car camera), the video clip audio is irrelevant and annoying. Is there a simple way from within Photos to edit out or suppress the video's audio track without resorting to iMovie? I know I can turn down the audio from the play controls on each individual video clip while it's playing, but that doesn't persist. I would like a simple video editing extension to Photos so I can edit the video file in place without exporting it, editing it with a complicated video app like iMovie, and re-importing it into Photos.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 8:34 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2020 8:20 PM in response to ThompsonTB

I just discovered by experimenting how to accomplish this. If I start a slideshow from an album and then, when the first video starts to play, I silence it by moving the sound slider in the play control bar, that clip and all of the following video clips are silent. This works even when videos and photos are interspersed in the slideshow. This allows me to play some nice music from my iTunes library without it being overlaid by the annoying road noise from the video clip.

edit video clips in Photos or linked from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.