Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adjust clip length without affecting audio

I'm working on my first iMovie project. It's just a series of photos set to an audio track. The problem I'm having is that when I adjust the length of a photo it simultaneously adjusts the length of the audio track. I want to be able to adjust the length of the photos so that they coincide with various positions in the audio track so I need the audio to track to remain stable.

Help?

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 12:51 PM

The audio track will remain the same duration (playing time) whether or not you adjust the duration of the photos above it. Possibly the green audio track clip will appear to expand or contract slightly in the timeline, but it is of no relevance. The duration is not changing. The whole song will play no matter how many photos you put in, or how much you adjust the duration of the photos.

When editing video and audio it helps to fully expand the timeline with the slider that is located to the right and above the timeline. When the timeline is expanded out the audio clips will remain stable.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 12:51 PM in response to j.esler

The audio track will remain the same duration (playing time) whether or not you adjust the duration of the photos above it. Possibly the green audio track clip will appear to expand or contract slightly in the timeline, but it is of no relevance. The duration is not changing. The whole song will play no matter how many photos you put in, or how much you adjust the duration of the photos.

When editing video and audio it helps to fully expand the timeline with the slider that is located to the right and above the timeline. When the timeline is expanded out the audio clips will remain stable.

-- Rich

adjust clip length without affecting audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.