Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loading YouTube Videos

Background- In Dec. I upgraded from High Sierra to Catalina 10.15.2. Lots of problems. Took into the Genius Bar and they diagnosed bad memory and reloaded back to Mojave 10.14.6. All was well for a couple of weeks but now I am having a couple problems with Youtube. 1. Sometimes I get a spinning wheel while it loads and it continues until I click on the window to pause and then click on the window a second time and it loads immediately. 2. Sometimes when I play the video, the voice is out of sync. I can shut the window down and refresh it and all is well. dm

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 1:33 PM

Here are a few fundamental troubleshooting steps that may help. Some of the information will be redundant but review everything to determine if there is something you may have overlooked.

If you don't get anywhere, you can use the following procedure to determine if the problem is internal or external to your Mac. Causes may involve your router, your ISP, the DNS Server(s) it uses, or certain user-configurable options.

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Load macOS Recovery by holding and r (two fingers) while you start your Mac with a third finger.
  3. At the macOS Utilities screen, release those two fingers.
  4. Choose Get Help Online.
  5. Safari will launch, but it will lack your bookmarks, favorites, history and other preferences.

Determine if the problem persists while using Safari in that mode. After that, restart your Mac normally, and reply with your observations.

I upgraded from High Sierra to Catalina 10.15.2.

macOS 10.15.3 is the current release: Learn more about updating the software on your Mac.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2020 1:33 PM in response to Charger9199

Here are a few fundamental troubleshooting steps that may help. Some of the information will be redundant but review everything to determine if there is something you may have overlooked.

If you don't get anywhere, you can use the following procedure to determine if the problem is internal or external to your Mac. Causes may involve your router, your ISP, the DNS Server(s) it uses, or certain user-configurable options.

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Load macOS Recovery by holding and r (two fingers) while you start your Mac with a third finger.
  3. At the macOS Utilities screen, release those two fingers.
  4. Choose Get Help Online.
  5. Safari will launch, but it will lack your bookmarks, favorites, history and other preferences.

Determine if the problem persists while using Safari in that mode. After that, restart your Mac normally, and reply with your observations.

I upgraded from High Sierra to Catalina 10.15.2.

macOS 10.15.3 is the current release: Learn more about updating the software on your Mac.

Loading YouTube Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.