Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad did not record sound

HELP!!!! I recorded a video of myself teaching my students that is very very important and I used a wireless mic and the sound did not record. I am desperate for advice if anyone knows if there is a way that I can recover the sound???? I have been told that there is no way to recover it but wanted to reach out on here to see if anyone else has had this happen to them.

It is not the end of the world and I will be recording tomorrow as well but really want to use this video clip.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated :)

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 12:45 PM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2020 1:30 PM in response to Rob_3837

I used the iPad camera itself to record the video.

For the microphone, there was one piece/part plugged into the iPad and I was wearing the actual microphone with the second piece/part. On the device that was plugged into the iPad, somehow it must have muted causing it to not record sound.

I have used this mic before and it has worked great! So just wondering if there is any thing I can do to recover the sound or if it is a lost cause!

iPad did not record sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.