Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to block specific apps from being downloaded?

There is an option to block apps in a given category (4+, 9+, 12+, 17+) via the Screen Time setting, but suppose I just want to block (aka prevent download usage of) specific apps on the app store. How is this done

Edit: I’m specifically talking about non ios native apps from the app store e.g. snapchat or uber

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 1:56 PM

No, you can't block specific apps. If you're using Family sharing, you can set up ask to buy for children.

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

It's my understanding, though, that if the app has already been downloaded, you won't get asked for your permission to re-download it.

1 reply

How to block specific apps from being downloaded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.