Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails not deleting

The emails on my iPad will not stay deleted. They come back after even an hour but my iPhone is fine

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 4:55 PM

bobbicorn Said:

"Emails not deleting: The emails on my iPad will not stay deleted. They come back after even an hour but my iPhone is fine"

-------

Removing the Account:

Have you removed the eMail account from your iPad and then added it back? Does this still occur?

Contacting the eMail Provider:

Contact the eMail provider, and see if they have any feedback on this. Perhaps it is a "synchronization" bug of sorts that they are trying to fix. See what they have to say on all of this.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2020 4:55 PM in response to bobbicorn

bobbicorn Said:

"Emails not deleting: The emails on my iPad will not stay deleted. They come back after even an hour but my iPhone is fine"

-------

Removing the Account:

Have you removed the eMail account from your iPad and then added it back? Does this still occur?

Contacting the eMail Provider:

Contact the eMail provider, and see if they have any feedback on this. Perhaps it is a "synchronization" bug of sorts that they are trying to fix. See what they have to say on all of this.

Feb 17, 2020 7:57 PM in response to bobbicorn

bobbicorn Said:

"Any suggestions on how to block all the emails I don’t want? Spent hours unsubscribing and blocking and they keep coming back. Like sometimes 40 a day!"

-------

View this link form Microsoft: Manage eMail Messages by Using Rules

Filter these eMails by Content:

Block out any eMail you do not want to receive. You would use filters to do so -- each filter of which would be based on content, in all referred to as a "rule."

Example of a Rule: Block every eMail from "jonnyappleseed@apple.com" that contains the word "PC"

Ask your eMail Provider About Filtering:

If you need help understanding more on filtering out eMails, contact your email provider, and see how to do so.

Emails not deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.