Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Issues

My Ipad clearly states to connect to Itunes so I can reset it because I had entered the pass code wrong to many times, but when I try to connect it to A Trusted computer it say that the Ipad is locked with a pass code before I can do anything, how can I fix this. Things to note, this Ipad is an older model not sure which one I just know it still has the old black home button with the square on it also this device is not in my list of devices it was at one point but my mother removed it without realizing that it was my account and not her own.(which she no longer has any access to anymore)

iPad

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 8:09 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately you must now fully restore your iPad to factory settings.

Please refer to the following Apple Support documents.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies

Feb 13, 2020 4:00 AM in response to Kry_45

1. Check that your iPad has enough charge. If necessary, recharge it.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer.
  3. Open iTunes.
  4. Simultaneously, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and the Home button. This will force your iPad to restart. Don’t stop pressing until you see the recovery mode iPad screen.
  5. You will see the iPad recovery mode menu with the options Restore and Update. Choose update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. Don’t worry about your data, iTunes takes care of not erasing it. If the process takes longer than 15 minutes, repeat all the previous steps, but now, in step 5 choose the Restore option. You will have your device in iPad restore mode.
  6. Set up your device.

Feb 12, 2020 10:15 PM in response to QuickPost

Yes I know this I truly want to do that the only issue is that both of these solutions you provided say to connect it to your computer while its in recovery mode. Well I can get it to that point but my iTunes says the iPad is locked with a pass code that I need to put in before it will connect with iTunes. The issue isn't that I cant get factory reset the issue is that iTunes is refusing to connect to the tablet to reset it. What can I do about that?

Feb 13, 2020 3:53 PM in response to LotusPilot

OK so I go to the forth step with no problem cuzs I've rest my iPad before but after that the same message pops up " iTunes can't connect to the tablet called "Jonathan's iPad" because it is locked with a pass code that needs to be entered before it will connect" none of step five showed up at all I truly don't know what to do anymore.

Ipad Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.