Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't let me drag and drop music to my phone anymore?

Hi there,

Up until recently, I've been able to just drag a music folder directly onto my phone in the "Devices" tab on the right of the iTunes window, and have it immediately sync onto my phone.

But now when I try to do that, it just doesn't do anything at all.

Dragging the album into iTunes first and then trying to sync it from there doesn't help either.

I'm at a loss as to why this would be - as far as I can tell, nothing has changed. Can anyone help me?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 12:46 AM

OK, well, I have no idea why it worked or how it stopped working in the first place, but installing iTunes through the Microsoft Store (and removing my previous installation in the process) seems to have done the trick. If you're reading this in the future with the same problem, I hope it works for you too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2020 12:46 AM in response to SwagAstounding

OK, well, I have no idea why it worked or how it stopped working in the first place, but installing iTunes through the Microsoft Store (and removing my previous installation in the process) seems to have done the trick. If you're reading this in the future with the same problem, I hope it works for you too.

iTunes won't let me drag and drop music to my phone anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.