Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will not download Alexa

We just got an Alexa device for our home and I tried to download the app yesterday. I will not complete the download. App looks like it will complete, but get 1/4 of the way done and stops. Just sits grayed out.

So far, I have tried:

1. Deleting and starting over
  2. Restarting my phone
  3. Checked WiFi connection
  4. Successfully downloaded two other apps.
  5. Signed out of iTunes and restarted the phone and signed back in.
  6. My daughter and husband successfully download Alexa to their Apple devices after I started having trouble,.

Not sure what else I can try. Currently running iOS 13.3.1

Please Help!

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 8:03 AM

Thank you for your reply! Somehow it helps to know I’m not alone.

two questions:

the app will not download to my iPad associated with my ID or log in either. Is that ‘normal’ for this type of issue?

also, what do you mean ‘leave it on my phone and it continues to work’ ? Since my app won’t download I can’t set up my Alexa. It’s so frustrating. :(

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2020 8:03 AM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you for your reply! Somehow it helps to know I’m not alone.

two questions:

the app will not download to my iPad associated with my ID or log in either. Is that ‘normal’ for this type of issue?

also, what do you mean ‘leave it on my phone and it continues to work’ ? Since my app won’t download I can’t set up my Alexa. It’s so frustrating. :(

Feb 12, 2020 7:22 AM in response to MKDonald01

Same issue here. Also have the iPhone Xs Max. The issue has been reported to Amazon and a fix should be coming soon.

I have the left the app as is on the iPhone and it continues to work. I believe that the Alexa app gets updated on the iPhone however it does not clear in the App downloads section of the App Store.

You have taken all the steps and more to solve this. Do not do anything else at this point. Wait it out. It will be fixed.

Axel F.

Feb 12, 2020 8:07 AM in response to MKDonald01

It is clear that the Alexa app is having issues in the App Store, at present, as far as downloading and updating is concerned. Having said that, we can conclude that your device is fine.

What I meant was that if you already have a working copy downloaded on your device then do not delete it and try to download it again because it won't get downloaded given the conditions at present.

Axel F.

iPhone will not download Alexa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.