Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased more iCloud storage for my Mac, but it still says its full when I open files.

I purchased more icloud storage for my Mac. Icloud says I have 195 GB available when I look under system preferences, but I keep getting notifications that my icloud is full every time I open a document.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 11:31 AM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2020 9:48 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I have 429.88 GB free on my Mac. I have been messing with it all day and it seems that all files and folders that I created once the iCloud was full continue to say "iCloud storage is full" when opened. If I duplicate the file, the information uploads to iCloud and the prompt no longer appears when I open the new file, but remains on the old one. It seems silly to need to duplicate all of my files to escape the prompt, but appears to be the case at the moment.

I purchased more iCloud storage for my Mac, but it still says its full when I open files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.