Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen brightness

Hello, i have an issue, my screen brightness even when its on max looks darker than it should be, i dont know how to fix this, any help, or someone experiencing the same issue, the device is iphone xs max.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 11:07 AM

Hi Dennis,

Question - What happens when you turn Auto Brightness to OFF (Assuming that it is set to ON at present)? To check Go to Settings-->>Accessibility-->>Display & Text Size and then scroll down to Auto Brightness and turn if OFF. Then adjust your brightness again and see if that remains acceptable. By doing this, I want to make sure that the issue is not related to Auto Brightness. Let us know how you fare with this. Thanks.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 11:07 AM in response to Denis1223

Hi Dennis,

Question - What happens when you turn Auto Brightness to OFF (Assuming that it is set to ON at present)? To check Go to Settings-->>Accessibility-->>Display & Text Size and then scroll down to Auto Brightness and turn if OFF. Then adjust your brightness again and see if that remains acceptable. By doing this, I want to make sure that the issue is not related to Auto Brightness. Let us know how you fare with this. Thanks.

Axel F.

Feb 15, 2020 10:14 AM in response to Denis1223

Hello Denis1223,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the screen brightness on your iPhone is dimmer than expected. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

First, review the following resource for information on brightness settings and to confirm that your preferences have been set correctly:

Adjust the iPhone screen brightness and color

If the issue persists, make sure that you have the latest software version and restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Screen brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.