Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone waterproof?

is my iPhone waterproof?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 10:49 AM

Libbiee143 wrote:
I dropped my phone in the bath and it still works. That’s why I was asking...

You’ll get all sorts of responses here. But a new or freshly repaired iPhone 7 or later should be water resistant to IP67/IP68 standards. They generally can withstand a little bit of water, but it’s not guaranteed. There are many things that reduce the water resistance including environmental conditions and every time it’s exposed to water.

iPhones use an adhesive seal that should meet the published resistance when new or repaired. But this seal eventually degrades with time and exposure to harsh conditions. But in any case Apple doesn’t guarantee water resistance.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2020 10:49 AM in response to Libbiee143

Libbiee143 wrote:
I dropped my phone in the bath and it still works. That’s why I was asking...

You’ll get all sorts of responses here. But a new or freshly repaired iPhone 7 or later should be water resistant to IP67/IP68 standards. They generally can withstand a little bit of water, but it’s not guaranteed. There are many things that reduce the water resistance including environmental conditions and every time it’s exposed to water.

iPhones use an adhesive seal that should meet the published resistance when new or repaired. But this seal eventually degrades with time and exposure to harsh conditions. But in any case Apple doesn’t guarantee water resistance.

Is my iPhone waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.