Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 factor authentication got crazy!!

I have an old iPhone 4 with iOS 7 which I use just to listen some music by connecting it to a speaker.

This morning this iPhone asked me my Apple ID password which I typed in successfully and nothing else was asked on this phne.

At the same time on all my other Apple devices (an iPhone X and an iPad Pro) I got the request to allow this device. No matter what I answer, since then every 5-10 second my devices are asking me to allow this old iPhone and I cannot get rid of these requests.

This issue is making my iPhone X and iPad unusable because the screen keeps popping up every 5 seconds and it's really irritating.

I've tried to switch off and on again the iPhone but nothing is happening. The request to allow the device keeps coming.

I've also received lots of SMS with Apple verification code and there is no way to stop this.

Any idea how this issue can be solved?

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 11:34 PM

Maybe try to change Your Apple ID password on Your device and choose log out from other devices.This step will disconnect all loged devices to Your account and then at home You need to log in on all Your devices again.

5 replies

2 factor authentication got crazy!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.