Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App in Catalina: How to filter songs with a specific word in the title?

In the old iTunes Search box I was able to limit a search to just song titles, artists, albums, etc. Example: Search only for songs with the word "Love" in the title -- not albums named Love, not artists named Love, etc. Just song titles.

In Music in Catalina if I type "Love" in the Search box the results are everything in my music library with the word "Love" in it -- song titles, album names, whatever.

Is there a way to limit the results of a search to song titles only?

Thank you.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 7:56 AM

Hello TheRealJG,

I see that you have a question about limiting the results when searching for song titles. I'd be happy to help.

What you're experiencing is expected behavior with macOS Catalina and the Music app. When using the search field, it will bring up results that have that word in it. The article below provides more details.

Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2020 7:56 AM in response to TheRealJG

Hello TheRealJG,

I see that you have a question about limiting the results when searching for song titles. I'd be happy to help.

What you're experiencing is expected behavior with macOS Catalina and the Music app. When using the search field, it will bring up results that have that word in it. The article below provides more details.

Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Music App in Catalina: How to filter songs with a specific word in the title?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.