Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I get this "Update Apple ID Settings" Pop Up on Start Up?

Hi all,

Why am I getting this pop up every time I turn on my computer?

Thanks in advance.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 10:15 AM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2020 2:12 PM in response to Ferd II

Hi,

Looks like it is not coming up every time I start up like it did when I first noticed it this fall. I can't remember if that coincided with me updating to Catalina? Or using iCloud to back up photos on my devices? Or setting up Screen Time on my kids' devices?

Anyway, I just restarted my computer twice and it is not popping up now, so it seems to be intermittent.

My memory is that when it first started happening, I would click "View" and it would take me to System Preferences>Apple ID. I believe there was then something to prompt me to sign in again.

But recently when I would click on "View" it would delay then the System Preferences screen would pop up. But lately, when I click on "View" it never pops up. Nothing happens.

Other recent events are that I just replaced my hard drive which was failing. Not sure if that is in any way related?

Before that I removed some adware that I found with a Malware Bytes scan.

I'm really wondering if there is a setting related to my account that I can adjust to prevent this annoying pop up if it is a legitimate notification?

I am also signed in to my apple account on my cell phone as well during the day. Where I have iCloud on, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Why do I get this "Update Apple ID Settings" Pop Up on Start Up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.