Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased my iPhone in Hong Kong and recently have shattered the screen

I purchased my phone in Hong Kong and recently have shattered the screen to the point where it impairs its use. However I no longer live in Hong Kong and cannot return there any time soon is there any way I can get the front screen fixed. I’ve purchased Apple care but I know if I go to a third party to get it fixed I void warranty, yet Apple in Canada won’t touch it cause it wasn’t purchased in Canada. This is extremely frustrating as I purchased Apple care and was not made aware I could not even get a simple screen fix at an Apple store anywhere else but Hong Kong. Is there anything I can do about this situation?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 9:37 AM

The warranty and AppleCare+ are only valid in the country where the device was originally sold.

If Apple Canada told you they can't service it, then you will have to take it back to Hong Kong or send it to someone you know there and have them take it in for service.

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 15, 2020 5:00 PM in response to abbybkr

As the others have said, AppleCare+ is valid in the country of purchase only. You'll need to purchase a new screen from Apple Canada at the cost they charge. If you aren't living in Hong Kong, you might want to cancel your AppleCare+ plan as it's pretty useless to you in Canada. Or, if you need to take advantage of the plan options, you'll need to send the phone to a friend in Hong Kong (Apple doesn't accept international shipment) or travel with the phone back to Hong Kong for service.

This link for Apple Canada and as you can see, the cost to replace the screen is $259 for iPhone Xr --> iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Official Apple Support

Feb 15, 2020 12:02 PM in response to abbybkr

The AppleCare+ generally won't be valid except in the country where it was purchased.

As long as they can do the screen repair, it shouldn't be a problem getting that done if you're willing to pay for it. I've certainly heard of people taking an iPhone purchased in (let's say) the Philippines getting a screen replacement service done at an Apple Store in Singapore.

I purchased my iPhone in Hong Kong and recently have shattered the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.