Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud is not saving my contacts!

I have the settings set to have it maintain and update my contacts, yet when I open iCloud, on my iMac, it only shows some of my contacts. And on my laptop, it's not updating any of the ones I've added in the past few months! Why is it not working the way it's supposed to?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 11:51 AM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Contacts syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2020 11:51 AM in response to Saxman

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Contacts syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Feb 13, 2020 4:49 PM in response to Eric Root

Well, I unchecked the box, then checked it again about a half hour later, and it's now been a couple more hours, but still, it's not syncing, nor are the preferences in my contacts applying (as in the order being by first or last name). I don't know what to do, as I'd hate to have manually put every contact in.

I'm having the same problem with the Keychain not always syncing passwords, but maybe that's working now, I'm not even sure.

iCloud is not saving my contacts!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.