Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Office 4.1.7 Fonts

Hello:

I am using Open Office 4.1.7 with O S 10.13.6,

Open Office does have Times New Roman font it it's font listing, but when I use it it just shows a a regular straight type fount. However, when I use it on my Window's 10 laptop the Times New Roman font shows the way it's supposed to. Is there some sort of compatibility issue with OS 10.13.6 & the Times New Roman font?

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 5:47 PM

Well, I think I got it fixed. I completly removed Open Office & all it's componants & then reinstalled it. I also did a restore of Font Book and then installed a new, Times New Roman - and now in Open Office Times New Roman is showing correctly, also, I evidently also added Times New Roman Cyr. I'll be using it tomorrow and will see if it's fully working.

Just not sure if the problem was with Open Office or Font Book.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2020 5:47 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Well, I think I got it fixed. I completly removed Open Office & all it's componants & then reinstalled it. I also did a restore of Font Book and then installed a new, Times New Roman - and now in Open Office Times New Roman is showing correctly, also, I evidently also added Times New Roman Cyr. I'll be using it tomorrow and will see if it's fully working.

Just not sure if the problem was with Open Office or Font Book.

Feb 13, 2020 5:58 PM in response to BDAqua

Previously done, & when I click on Times New Roman in the Font Book, the sample shows the correct type, but not when I use it in Open Office - I have installed the LibreOffice and Times New Roman works right there, but the page #'s don't insert right (page 1 of 4 etc.) just shows a single # at bottom of each page.

Open Office 4.1.7 Fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.