Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to change payment information

I have a subscription on iCloud storage 200GB I want to change the payment information to a different persons card. I’m using 43,2GB storage right now so I can’t go back to the free one and then start over with a new card. What should I do?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 1:44 PM

Hello moa243,

I understand you would like to change your Apple ID payment method, but are unable to do so due to your iCloud storage subscription. I'm happy to help you sort this out.

Although you would not be able to remove your current payment method completely since you have an active subscription, you should be able to add the second card using the steps here: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods. Once you've done that, you can move the order of your payment methods so that the new card is at the top since payment methods are charged from top to bottom in this list. You can then remove your old credit card information completely if you plan to no longer use it.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2020 1:44 PM in response to moa243

Hello moa243,

I understand you would like to change your Apple ID payment method, but are unable to do so due to your iCloud storage subscription. I'm happy to help you sort this out.

Although you would not be able to remove your current payment method completely since you have an active subscription, you should be able to add the second card using the steps here: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods. Once you've done that, you can move the order of your payment methods so that the new card is at the top since payment methods are charged from top to bottom in this list. You can then remove your old credit card information completely if you plan to no longer use it.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Want to change payment information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.