Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Copy itunes Playlists onto a USB

Hi - I am trying to copy (drop and drag) my itunes set playlists from my PC to my USB. When I copy the folder (or individual playlists), a red circle with a red line through it appears when I attempt to leave the itunes page, hence the action is not completed. I have checked several forums/posts etc, but no actions have prevailed. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Also on my PC where itunes library is stored, I can access all the music I have downloaded, but not the playlists. Would playlists normally be stored on my PC too?

Thanks in advance!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 9:19 AM

The playlists are stored within the iTunes Library.itl database. You can export various formats of playlist file if you wish. You can try dragging a playlist to a location on your desktop instead of directly to your USB drive, then copy that exported folder if successful. See also ExportToFolder.

tt2

1 reply

Unable to Copy itunes Playlists onto a USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.