Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled Ipad

I have an ipad that is not linked to my apple id and I cannot remember the password. it has been diabled. Its an old ipad I think Ipad 2 or 3. Is there a way to get it working again?

iPad mini, 12

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 7:33 AM

You will need to restore the device to remove the disability. However, you will also need the Apple ID and password used to originally activate the device. So, you probably will not be able to activate it unless you recognize the partial email that it provides you. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2020 7:33 AM in response to evans208

You will need to restore the device to remove the disability. However, you will also need the Apple ID and password used to originally activate the device. So, you probably will not be able to activate it unless you recognize the partial email that it provides you. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Disabled Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.