Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled Ipad

How can I open my disabled Ipad air? (2016 model)

I currently have a 2016 Ipad air, I recently opened it but can not remember the password. I have disabled it many times but because of its age, it does not charge using my laptop: resulting me being unable to connect it to Itunes and reset the password and keep all the data. If anyone could help this would be great, unsure if I should bring it into an apple as they may not be able to help.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 2:34 AM

Keeping in mind that if you don't have a backup all data will be lost on that device (except those that you eventually synced to iCloud), pay attention to the specific gestures that you need to perform while connecting your iPad to a computer (Windows 10 PC running the latest iTunes version) or Mac (which can run iTunes or Finder, depending on the macOS installed on it), and follow these instructions to re-gain access to your device:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 2:34 AM in response to Caityanne21

Keeping in mind that if you don't have a backup all data will be lost on that device (except those that you eventually synced to iCloud), pay attention to the specific gestures that you need to perform while connecting your iPad to a computer (Windows 10 PC running the latest iTunes version) or Mac (which can run iTunes or Finder, depending on the macOS installed on it), and follow these instructions to re-gain access to your device:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

Regards

Giulio

Disabled Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.