Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2019 macbook air keyboaerd is VERY sensitive.

I thought at first it was an issue with the keyboard/trackpad settings, but that is not the problem. My cursor regularly jumps to random points in on the line. I have been very careful to try to diagnose the issue, but have not been successful. It seems though that I have be very, very careful how I type-- the SLIGHTEST grazing of any other key or the pad seems to be the problem. Any thoughts?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 6:50 PM

Even though you are being very careful it is still possible you could be accidentally brushing the trackpad with your hand or thumb. This happens to me quite frequently even when I'm being very careful and I could swear I'm not touching the Trackpad.

You could also have a defective Trackpad or possibly a swelling battery which is pressing against the Trackpad causing it to misbehave.

Try using an external keyboard to see if you still have problems. If you have problems even when using an external keyboard, then you either have a defective Trackpad or swollen battery.

You can also take the laptop to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2020 6:50 PM in response to penns

Even though you are being very careful it is still possible you could be accidentally brushing the trackpad with your hand or thumb. This happens to me quite frequently even when I'm being very careful and I could swear I'm not touching the Trackpad.

You could also have a defective Trackpad or possibly a swelling battery which is pressing against the Trackpad causing it to misbehave.

Try using an external keyboard to see if you still have problems. If you have problems even when using an external keyboard, then you either have a defective Trackpad or swollen battery.

You can also take the laptop to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined.

My 2019 macbook air keyboaerd is VERY sensitive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.