Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching Playlists from iTunes 12.9.5.5 to iPhone

Hello

I am trying to sync a playlist from iMac to iPhone.

I click on the iPhone symbol, then on Music to the left. On the right side a window is telling me iCloud Music Library is On. I have no idea that I have an iCloud Music Library.

I purchase my Music on iMac using iTunes, then synching to my iPhone. So when I am on the water with no streaming capabilities, I can listen to it. That option is no longer there.

How do I get a playlist from iMac to iPhone?

Looking for Help!

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 6:56 AM

iCloud Music Library, also called Sync Library in Music settings on the device, is a feature of Apple Music or iTunes Match. With these services you would enable it in both iTunes and your device, then the device has access to all of your music in the cloud and you don't need to connect to iTunes to sync it. If you want to sync with iTunes you need to turn off Sync Library. See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 6:56 AM in response to Amex111

iCloud Music Library, also called Sync Library in Music settings on the device, is a feature of Apple Music or iTunes Match. With these services you would enable it in both iTunes and your device, then the device has access to all of your music in the cloud and you don't need to connect to iTunes to sync it. If you want to sync with iTunes you need to turn off Sync Library. See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Synching Playlists from iTunes 12.9.5.5 to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.